Graduate Manufacturing Engineer – Electrical
- In a nutshell, we build buses and coaches. In fact, more than half of the buses you see on the roads in the UK are built by Alexander Dennis. We have a huge responsibility for keeping the world moving.
- We are saving the planet. Our purpose is to support Governments globally with their push to reduce pollution and improve air quality by building greener, more eco-friendly buses.
- We love our customers. So much so, almost every bus we build is bespoke – what the customer wants, we will do our best to deliver.
- We have a fantastic Canadian parent company called NFI. They welcomed us into the family in 2019, and we haven’t looked back ever since.
- There is no doubt about it – it was a tough 2020 for Alexander Dennis. But now we are building back, winning new orders in Germany and Ireland which will be manufactured right here in the UK.
- Our global footprint is pretty impressive. We have a presence in some super cool places across the world from Hong Kong to Auckland to Toronto.
Want to know even more? Check out our YouTube channel here!
Your Dream Role
- An exciting opportunity for a Graduate Engineer to join our Manufacturing Engineering team in a successful, international business.
- Develop into a Manufacturing Engineer, providing solid Electrical Manufacturing Engineering capability to our production lines in Falkirk, with both our fully electric buses and integration of our electronic 3rd party equipment.
- Innovate efficient and intelligent function testing tools and processes.
- Be mentored by other Manufacturing Engineers, learning how to ensure production is set up for success to achieve the plant’s delivery, cost, quality, and safety goals.
- Work closely with Design Engineering including influence on Design and Manufacture through Design Reviews.
- Ensure we prepare our Operations Teams for Build Readiness through Pre Into-Line Reviews.
- Bring a fresh perspective to the team, looking for ways to improve our processes to improve production and build hours across the site.
- Manage and maintain software and diagnostic tooling and procedures for vehicle ECU updates and diagnostic fault-finding.
- If you enjoy problem solving, this is the ideal role for you. Support the Manufacturing Engineers with hands-on fault finding and support on electrical production escalations.
- We are a fast-paced business with often competing priorities. Work cross functionally internally to deliver business and customer requirements.
- An opportunity to work in the world of 3D virtual builds to develop manufacturing processes and procedures to then prove in the real-world.
- Roles like this don’t come along often – you will have exposure to a wide range of stakeholders and complex projects which will help you grow into a Manufacturing Engineer.
- A recent Graduate with a degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- If you have some work experience, particularly within the automotive sector – even better!
- Relationship building will come easily to you. You will be confident and won’t shy away from working with a variety of stakeholders and won’t be afraid of asking questions.
- Driven, curious, and passionate about delivering the highest quality of work at all times.
- Things can be hectic here so you will have the ability to work unsupervised, often to tight deadlines.
- Generally, someone who is approachable, with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, 2:1 or above.
- A competitive salary package – we aim to reward our people at the level they deserve.
- A half day every Friday. Yes, every Friday. A long weekend, every weekend.
- The opportunity to work for a company doing amazing things for our environment. You will have a real input into how we do this.
- You will work with some incredibly intelligent and driven people and get involved with complex projects which you won’t find anywhere else.
- We don’t employ people and tell them what to do. You will have the opportunity to change and improve the way we do things which is always good for your personal development.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in coming ‘aboard’, then we would love to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, please share a short covering letter detailing why you’re interested and why we should hire you!
*Recommend a Friend is applicable for this role.
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on (phone number removed) or send an email to (url removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.