We are currently recruiting with an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Fire Engineer to join our very successful Fire Safety Team, based out of our office in Rutherglen, Glasgow.
Suitable for a university or college graduate, having graduated within the last three years.
Training & Development Position.
Overview of M-Four
M-Four is a forward-thinking multi-disciplinary management and technical consultancy business that offers services and dynamic solutions to Registered Social Landlords, Local Authorities, Emergency Services, and other public sector agencies.
At M-Four, we are passionate about changing the narrative for social housing tenants in Scotland; and with a clear focus on fire safety with these properties, we are working with our clients and partners to make every social housing property in Scotland as safe as possible for tenants.
Our fire safety projects will take place in various types of properties, including, but not limited to, sheltered and very sheltered housing, extra care housing, supported accommodation units, Houses in Multiple Occupation and common blocks (including high rise multi-storey).
Our Fire Engineering team has earned a reputation for delivering technically excellent work, with attention to detail. From concept to construction, our fire engineering expertise help to optimise existing buildings to ensure they are compliant with regulations.
We are looking to employ a graduate fire engineer looking to advance their career. We would look for applicants to have qualified in a BEng/BSc or MSc in Fire Engineering or Engineering related discipline i.e. Structural, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Due to the pandemic affecting graduate roles, we will accept applications from individuals who have graduated within the last three years.
In the role, you will work alongside an experienced trainer who will support your personal development. Your workload will be diverse, with opportunities to work on fire strategy projects, fire risk assessments and client engagement on fire safety matters.
We provide all graduates with the opportunity to progress in their roles, with ongoing reviews of performance and capability.
What you will be responsible for:
- Fire Engineering strategy development
- Early-stage strategic input to retrofit designs
- Detailed design to construction status information and beyond into Post Occupancy Evaluation
- Fire risk assessments
- Fire door inspections.
You will provide the following services to clients:
- Scrutiny on applicable codes, standards and guidance
- Fire engineering design and analysis
- Fire strategy development
- Advisement on regulatory code compliance
- Means of escape design and analysis
- Structural optimisation analysis
- Fire impact analysis
- Construction phase consultation service
- Third party peer review
- Fire management plan development
- Fire evacuation plan development
- Fire risk assessments.
What are we looking for:
- BSc/ BEng/ MSc/ MEng or equivalent
- Passion for fire engineering and someone who will take on new roles to develop their fire engineering knowledge
- A confident, outgoing person who cares about fire safety protection
- An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who is tenacious in concluding tasks
- Someone with drive, ambition and enjoys change and variety
- A full UK driving licence, as the role will require travel to client sites.
- Inspired and motivated colleagues
- A great team ethos and focused client base
- A new office as a base to work from (currently being refurbished, and due for completion soon)
- A genuine opportunity to help and to be recognised for your input to a growing company
- Salary - £25K
- Job type: Full time, permanent role
- Holidays: 28 days (including bank holidays)
- Location: Glasgow (travel expected to other areas in Scotland)
- Company van and fuel card provided.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.