At Eurostar we’re busy making Europe’s most loved travel experience better than ever. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic, connected, cosmopolitan team that feels at home in four countries and shares the same goal – to create an experience for our passengers that’s always truly exceptional. Do you want to be part of this journey?
An opportunity has arisen to join Eurostar as its Graduate Business Planning Analyst. Reporting into the Business Planning Manager, this integral role provides the Commercial department with strategic and actionable insights on the business, through a mix of recurring reports and ad hoc, in-depth analysis. Additionally, this role would be responsible for combining the results of their analyses and a holistic understanding of the industry to develop commercial recommendations and make key contributions to Eurostar’s traffic and revenue forecasts.
This position will be based in our Head Office in Kings Cross on a hybrid working basis up to 3 days in the office.
We're looking for someone to:
- Monitor commercial performance and generate actionable insights and recommendations
- Gather and analyse data to produce regular insightful reporting on business performance for use by various stakeholders, including senior management. These reports include (but are not limited to) sales, travelled, load factor and market share performance.
- Identify and develop an understanding of changes in trends of the company’s performance, and present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Drive further development of Eurostar’s Management Information System
- Assist Information Systems teams with monitoring and validating data quality across Eurostar’s commercial databases and liaise with relevant teams in the IS department to flag discrepancies.
- Drive further development of our tools in line with business requirements, and own this process from the commercial side.
- Regularly recommend and present to team members improvements related to analytical systems/methods and ensure best practice is shared whether possible. Equally, encourage the use of business intelligence data within Commercial and the wider business.
- Answer ad hoc queries from commercial teams and the rest of the business, prioritising by importance and impact
- Carry out analyses on key strategic issues such as timetable and route performance, profitability drivers, etc. using multiple data sources to generate clear insights and issue decisive recommendations.
- Contribute to the budget process and assist in the production of the 3-year plan
- Support the Business Planning Manager in the production of a detailed 1-year travelled and sales revenue budget (circa £1bn) based on historic trends, strategic priorities, commercial initiatives, competitors’ intelligence and macro-economic indicators; the budget will be the company-wide reference point when allocating resources and setting up priorities for the next 12-18 months.
- Track actual performance against the aforementioned budget; help explain (produce text, charts and diagrams) any variances and prepare monthly re-forecasts.
- Contribute to the production of 3-year passenger and revenue forecasts for Eurostar; this will form the basis of Finance’s 20-year business plan being presented to the Board.
We’re looking for someone who…
- Is educated to degree level in a business, financial, scientific, engineering or marketing discipline, with an appreciation of data analysis.
- Has excellent analytical and numerical skills, demonstrating abstract reasoning and ‘out of the box’ thinking.
- Has strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to translate complex concepts into concise and intuitive language.
- Has a broad understanding of the travel industry, its opportunities and challenges, and of Eurostar’s position in the wider, macro-economic context.
- Is comfortable with challenging the status quo and redesigning processes.
- Can work under pressure and prioritise (including, where necessary, pushing back on) requests for analytics.
- Has a positive, infectious attitude, shows initiative and goes above and beyond.
- Fluent in English. French or Dutch speaking is a plus but not essential.
- Has experience with data visualisation tools (Eurostar uses Power BI), Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with databases, SQL and/or VBA is an advantage but not required.
- Travel benefits for work and play
- A great pension
- Exclusive discounts and perks
If you feel like your skills and experience are relevant for the role, please don't hesitate to apply!
Eurostar is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.