This is an opportunity to join a Scottish-based contract research organisation specialising in digital pathology services including the use of artificial intelligence, deep learning techniques and innovative cloud computing processes. The company helps Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies globally to generate accurate research data which contributes to the discovery of new medicines and the improvement of patients' lives.
The company is looking to expand and strengthen its R&D operations by employing a graduate computer scientist to join the team at an exciting time in their evolution. The role will predominately support the company's involvement in an InnovateUK project to develop a precision diagnostic tool to transform bowel cancer screening in the UK, together with supporting commercial client studies.
The candidate will be expected to carry out computer-based image analysis of histopathology sections using artificial intelligence to generate high quality quantitative data.
Duties would also include:
- Working with their R&D department to build bespoke computer programs and scripts to support their image analysis pipeline
- Building graphical user interfaces
- Performing image analysis using state-of-the-art image analysis systems
- Extracting and summarising data
- Graphing data and carrying out statistical analysis
- Developing automation processes to improve efficiencies within the company
- Relevant engineering/ science degree (i.e. B.Sc, M.Sc)
- Proficiency in at least one of the following computer programming languages: Python, R, Matlab
- Familiarity with Computer Vision methods and algorithms
- Understanding of the use, application and implementation of artificial intelligence software (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Prior experience in digital pathology would be desirable
The company offers prospective candidates a truly exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic organisation, developing their career as the company grows. Their employees are vital to their success and so they are looking for candidates to join the company and to stay and grow with them. In return, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work in an exciting and worthwhile environment with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Annual Salary commensurate with experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible home/ office working
- EMI company share scheme
- Bonus scheme
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.