Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 10,000+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
A quick look at the role.
The graduate Procurement Analyst sits within the Group Procurement function delivering order administration, document collation, reporting and analytical support. You will ensure that the function is professionally represented both internally and externally and is responsive to business requirements and needs whilst ensuring overall value and compliance.
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted
- Work with the category team and providing support in relation to fleet and project works
- Use data analytics to provide detailed reports on subjects requested. Reports will be issued in a readable and structured format enabling detailed project discussions, potential sale opportunities and strategic discussions
- Work with other Biffa departments, attending meetings and providing updates on Capex and ordering workflow, required information, or issuing completed information
- Operate and building good working knowledge of procurement systems and One drive
- Support Biffa procurement with the delivery of client rollout programmes reporting time management, cost, and sale activity
- Review, create and manage departmental reports inclusive of time keeping, finance and administration management
- Liaise with the Biffa procurement teams managing and reporting on accruals, contractor invoicing providing detail for the category management reporting
- Identify and interpret main trends in supply market and main characteristics of supplier base
- Benchmark data for supply management activities
- Participate in spend categorisation and supplier segmentation
- 2.1 or higher degree plus A to C grades at A-Level
- Some experience of building and maintaining customer relationships
- Commercial focused and numbers driven
- Local geographical knowledge
- Confident with all applications including Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate confidently and articulately with stakeholders at all levels
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail
- Confidentiality and absolute discretion is paramount to this role
- Able to produce high quality written correspondence and reports
- Strong time management with the ability to prioritse effectively
- Analytical and able to quickly assess issues and recommend and/or implement solutions
- Robust and resilient with the ability to absorb pressure and respond positively
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.