You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate / Junior Software Developer
Graduate / Junior Software Developer
Birmingham, West Midlands
Cooksongold is a leading global supplier of precious metals in gold, silver, platinum and palladium alloys. We are the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker.
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate who wants to make an impact through the delivery of quality IT solutions to the business.
As a Graduate / Junior Software Developer in the jewellery industry, you will be responsible for developing and implementing systems in line with Cooksongold’s business strategy. Working in a team of 10, you will build your experience in the design and development of existing and new applications.
In return, we will provide you with on the job training, guidance and the support you need to kick-start your career. You will learn new skills that will help you progress into a full stack developer.
Your duties will include:
- Working on LANSA/RPG business system applications
- Preparing technical specifications
- Implementing, testing and integrating new applications
- Investigating and diagnosing system faults and errors
- Resolving technical issues
- Monitoring and responding to helpdesk requests
- Analysing error trends aimed at reducing or minimising down time
- Communicating messages regarding systems issues to users promptly
- Scheduling and running regular tests to enhance the current systems and applications
- Identifying and developing functionality changes
- Maintaining documentation on company intranet
The successful candidate will have:
- A 1st class or 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Business, IT or Computer Science and strong A-Levels
- Knowledge of software development, which might have been acquired as part of your degree course or through a placement year in industry
- A passion for software development
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a willingness to learn and develop
- An aptitude for applying technology and structured problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Additional language skills would be desirable; specifically French
This role will suit inexperienced candidates, however a one year placement / work experience would be advantageous.
Hours of work:
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a 30-minute unpaid break each day.
- Starting salary from £22,000 to £26,000 per annum
- Annual bonus and annual salary reviews
- Up to 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Free eyecare vouchers with Boots
- Discounts on gym memberships, cinema tickets, retail, days out, company products etc.
- Interest free loans on travel passes and parking permits
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8%
- Life assurance
Similar roles: Graduate Developer, Trainee Software Developer, Graduate Software Developer, Trainee Analyst / Programmer, Trainee Software Programmer or Junior / Graduate Programmer.
As part of the new starter vetting process, the successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal records check from the DBS and asked to provide references; due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) please do not disclose referee details on your CV.
Our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be viewed on our website.
To apply for the role of Graduate / Junior Software Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.