You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Transport Planner / Assistant Transport Planner
Graduate/Assistant Transport Planner
Location: Cardiff (St Mellons)
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure are looking for a Graduate or Postgraduate Transport Planner to join our team in Cardiff. Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is a UK multidisciplinary consultancy that is a wholly owned division of Capita Plc and provides a broad range of professional services covering the design, engineering, construction, infrastructure and property markets. We cover the whole of the UK with 50 offices and 3700 staff. We are seeking a graduate or postgraduate who will be graduating in 2019 or graduated in the last two years. The workload will be varied and therefore we are looking for someone who is keen to learn and develop their career
The Role: As a Graduate or Postgraduate Transport Planner, you will assist in the delivery of a broad range of technical projects including schemes for local authorities, private sector clients and Welsh Government. You will be involved in studies that relate to traffic model development and scheme appraisal, Transport Assessments, highway infrastructure design and planning, and travel plan development. The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career via chartership, with support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications, including a Masters in Transport Planning. All employees have the opportunity to develop their career with the "Reignite" your career programme which has been designed to assist and support your career through a clear pathway and structure.
Responsibilities: The purpose of this job is to support the delivery of transportation projects across a variety of disciplines and for a range of both public and private sector clients. Your key role will be providing competent and enthusiastic support as part of the Transport Planning Team.
This role will require you to: -
- Assist in the development of traffic models (SATURN / VISSIM / PARAMICS / JUNCTIONS 8 / LINSIG) and analysis of the results
- Undertake surveys and assist with the analysis of traffic turning counts, saturation flows, queue surveys, journey time / routing surveys and parking surveys
- Analyse, write and present results and reports, utilising your good MS Excel and Word skills
- Attend meetings with clients and other stakeholders
- Work as part of a team to develop solutions
- Support the Transport Planning Team by taking leadership and responsibility for the delivery of its tasks and projects
- Continue to develop your professional skills as you progress your career
- Degree in an appropriate field. e.g. Transportation, Engineering, Mathematics, Geography, Planning or a related analytical subject
- An interest in transport and urban planning issues
- Numeracy skills and the ability to interpret data
- Written and oral communication skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills - finding a range of solutions, understanding their effects and making recommendations
- The ability to communicate complex ideas and issues clearly and accurately
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Computer literacy
- A valid UK driving licence
- MSc in Transport Planning or relevant analytical subject
- Previous work experience in transport industry
CAPITA Real Estate & Infrastructure
The Cardiff office, with over 150 staff, specialises in civil engineering and transportation. We are a leading local employer of transport planners and, due to our increasing workload, are expanding our 13-strong transportation team. We mainly work for public and private sector clients across South Wales but increasingly our workload is spread across the UK. We have a high-quality office with gym, showers, cycle parking provision, lockers and free car parking. We undertake a full range of challenging and varied work, ranging from the planning and design of public transport, rail and road schemes, to transport assessments, travel planning and public consultation work. You can expect to be involved in the delivery of technical transport planning projects, mainly via traffic modelling work, to a wide range of clients. Recent projects include the A483 Llandeilo and Fairfach Transport Study; Cardiff Eastern Bay Link; A4119 Corridor Paramics Model Assessment; the Cardiff City Model Update and Pwllypant Roundabout (Caerphilly).
Across the Cardiff office, the multi-disciplinary teams come together through social events, some of which have included BBQs, nights out, escape rooms and the annual Christmas party. There is also an active Hub of 35 employees (and growing), which is a networking group run by graduates, trainees and apprentices. It helps grow your network within the office as well as opportunities for socials, chartership, Science Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) events and volunteering.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.