You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
£25,000 – £35,000
About the Company
My client is a large worldwide company which helps improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants, they are looking for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer. They provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures. Their services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects.
Job Summary of the Graduate Mechanical Engineer
The Graduate Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for developing engineering solutions and concepts for a wide variety of projects including evaluating; selecting and calculating appropriate heavy lifting and transport operations.
Responsibilities of the Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- Identify, develop and test advanced technical solutions.
- Ensure designs comply with legal standards plus company and client requirements.
- Develop and apply structural calculations to evaluate, select and test operations.
- Apply solutions that improve the integrity and function designs.
- Liaise with internal and external customers including face to face interaction with clients on site.
- Develop solutions to support sales and tendering activities.
- Manage projects through to execution using engineering principles and techniques.
- Ensure business related decisions are in compliance with SHEQ standards and procedures.
Requirements of the Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- Experience working in Petro Chemical / Civil / Nuclear / Construction industries.
- Heavy lifting / Transport experience (desirable).
- Educated to degree level or above in Mechanical or Civil Engineering is essential.
- Proven knowledge and experience of MS Office and AutoCAD.
- An AP qualification and/or safety passport would be advantageous.
- Understanding of technical codes and standards.
- Good level of English both verbal and written.
- Valid UK driving license.
- Willingness to work on projects throughout the UK for extended periods.
Benefits of the Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- Paid overtime
- Bonus scheme dependent on company and individual performance
- Life assurance
- Company pension
Training of the Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- The opportunity to become a Chartered Engineer with professional fees paid for
- The opportunity to travel and learn from highly experienced Engineers throughout the world
- Appointed Person qualification
- Safety Passport
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.