You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching assistant required October
- Mainstream primary school
- Class sizes 25-30 students
- Working with KS1 and KS2 students
- Academically very bright and able students
Empowering Learning are currently looking for a Graduate Teaching assistant The role is a full time, long term position starting Immediately and lasting for a total of 3 terms, with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate. As a TA you will be expected to do the following.
- support the teacher in managing challenging pupil behaviour and promoting positive behaviour
- listen to pupils read and read to pupils as a class, group or one-to-one
- guide and monitor pupil progress
- help with the planning of some lessons
- provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils' progress
- carry out administrative duties, such as preparing classroom resources
- look after pupils who have had accidents, need help dressing or are upset
- create art displays of pupils' artwork
- provide support outside of your normal classes, such as helping during exams, covering TA absences or going on school trips
- help with extracurricular activity such as breakfast and after-school clubs, homework club, revision sessions or lunchtime duties
This is an opportunity to join a stable school and develop the progress of pupils. You will be a part of a friendly, and inclusive school with high expectations for every student. The school works in close partnership with parents, carers and families to do the best for their children and community.
Teaching assistant - Job Responsibilities
- Make sure that the pupils you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues when required
- Ensuring the child is supervised on a constant basis during school hours
- Help the child to learn and engage during teaching periods
What's in It for you as a Teaching assistant
- Excellent rates of pay (£85-100)
- Fantastic Behaviour
- The chance to work within a dynamic and forward-thinking school
- Wimbeldon Location
Teaching assistant Job Requirements
- Legal right to work in the UK
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, or overseas Police clearances (if applicable)
- Primary Education experience
- Graduate degree
Here at Empowering Learning we don't only offer excellent rates of pay and the opportunity to work with a consultant with the experience and ability to find you the perfect next career move.
For more information or to apply for this role, please send your CV to (url removed)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.