You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Languages)
**** Gradate Teaching Assistant (Languages) ****
**** September start ****
**** Lambeth ****
An outstanding all girls secondary school in Lambeth is recruiting an experienced teaching assistant to start in September. This is a full time on going position, working hours are 8.20am-3.30pm.
This secondary school is highly-regarded in the borough, and has impressive facilities. There are pupils with an ECHP in each year group, who are supported by enthusiastic and experienced teaching and support staff.
The selected candidate will work across the school supporting students on the SEN register. Students will have needs such as ASD, SpLD and learning difficulties. With guidance from the SENCO you will work in partnership with class teachers to carry out adaptations for students. At present there are many students on the SEN register who speak Spanish and Portuguese, therefore they require a multilingual teaching assistant.
Shortlisted candidates must have previous experience within an SEN school.
As well as helping academically you will also be responsible for monitoring behaviour and improving social skills.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Graduate from a leading University
- Experience working with children or young adults with SEN
- Fluent in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Veritas Education Recruitment