Sport Graduate PE Cover Supervisors
Veritas Education are working exclusively with Secondary Schools in Preston, Leyland, Chorley and the surrounding areas who are actively looking for confident and driven Sport/Coaching graduates who are considering a career in teaching or are already doing their PGCE. It is a great opportunity to earn extra income and gain the relevant experience of working within a school. If you are looking to apply for your PGCE to start in September 2020, working as a PE cover supervisor in the 2019/2020 academic year will build your behaviour and classroom management, as well as your confidence to begin your teaching journey.
The PE Cover Supervisor role:
As a PE Cover Supervisor, you will be expected to oversee PE lessons in the absence of the teacher. You will need to manage behaviour in line with the school policy so you must be confident and have a strong, firm, but fair approach. You will also be expected to cover lessons in other subject areas however your main subject will be PE.
** FULL TRAINING PROVIDED **
- Cover Supervisor Training - Level 1
- A Guide to Being an Effective Supply Teacher
- Effective Listening in Schools
- Effective Personal Communication in Schools
- An Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent
- Behaviour Management Training - Level 1
The requirements of a PE Cover Supervisor:
- Be qualified to degree level.
- Have experience of coaching small or large groups of children.
- Be available at least 3 days a week.
- Be flexible and available at short notice.
- Being able to drive would be an advantage
- DBS certificate on the update service (or willing to complete one)
- 2 referees we can contact for references
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £60-£70 per day
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- Respected relationships with a vast selection of schools across Lancashire
- Cover Supervisor Training
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks,
- References and Enhanced DBS
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying and would like to hear more, then please contact Laura Porter on (phone number removed) or email me on (url removed)
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'