A new opportunity has arisen to work with a long established and well-respected mortgage lender as a Graduate Finance Assistant. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Commercial Finance Manager and Assistant Accountant in the day to day processing of the company transactions.
- Work with other Finance Assistants on a Rota basis to achieve the processing requirements of the Finance Department
- Perform the daily download allocating customer receipts to customer accounts
- Prepare Journals ready for posting into the Accounts system
- Code, log and batch supplier invoices ready for payment through fortnightly payment runs
- Produce the daily treasury worksheet accurately using the TMS (Treasury Management System)
- Check, prepare and process all treasury documentation
- Carry out daily reconciliations on all balance sheet control accounts including Society bank accounts and branch floats.
- Liaise with other departments regarding transaction queries
- Undertake any Finance projects as and when required including but not limited to, financial analysis of data, system installations and system upgrades.
- Carry out all duties as detailed and in accordance with documented policies and procedures
- Maintaining risk awareness within your role, ensuring relevant controls are implemented and are operating effectively, reporting of all risk events identified and escalating risk issues which have the potential to breach the Society's appetite for risk / control environment.
- Prepare and collate management information in accordance with laid down procedures and standards
- Accounting & Finance or other suitable Degree
- Knowledge of Accountancy systems
- Competent in Excel and Microsoft packages
- Good Oral and Written communication skills
- ALEVELS/DIPLOMA or a level 3 equivalent
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID