Graduate Leadership Development Programme (GLDP)
Start: 1st September 2021
Locations: UK Wide (Harlow, Glenrothes, Broughton, Gloucester, Manchester or Feltham)
Location and any site rotations are dependent on the role. Please see the job description on our careers website for further details about each role.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for a team of graduates from a range of degree backgrounds to join our highly successful annual Graduate Leadership Development Programme starting 1st September 2021 (or potentially earlier tbc*). Graduates will start by completing an initial 2 year training programme covering a range of modules from presentation, business, leadership, strategy, project management and team building workshops alongside your day job in one of our business functional areas.
Successful candidates will join one of the following teams:
- Project Management
- Commercial & Supply Chain
- Quality Assurance
- Engineering (Aerospace, Software, Systems, Electronics)
- Candidates must be on track to achieving a 2:1 degree or have already achieved a minimum of a 2:1 in a relevant undergraduate degree to the role you are applying for
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent pre university qualifications
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a security clearance application relevant to your chosen role
- Work experience or placement relevant to the role you are applying for
- Evidence of leadership skills developed through university, work experience, placement year or extra-curricular activities
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- £28,000 starting salary + £2,500 joining bonus + twice yearly pay reviews for the first 2 years
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Graduate Life at Raytheon UK:
In addition to the day job and graduate training programme, we have a range of groups graduates can get involved in from STEM events, mentoring, early careers events, social activities and many more. See below for further information on our diversity groups you are welcome to support.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website on the link and search by location or typing “Graduate Leadership Development Programme” or "Sept 2021" into the search field. This will show all the GLDP roles available for you to view and apply for the role best suited to your degree and career aspirations.
For details of all graduate roles available please ensure your location filter covers all United Kingdom sites.
Candidates need to upload the following to their application:
- CV (with academic grades achieved or predicted grades clearly listed)
- Cover letter explaining why you are applying for your chosen role
- Most recent academic module transcript (or degree certificate if you have already completed an undergraduate degree).