Graduate Geotechnical Engineer - Durham- £negotiable
This client is a well-established, award winning consultancy with multiple offices across the UK and considered to have the largest geotechnical and contaminated land departments in the country.
My client has a large portfolio of clients from: residential, rail, construction, energy and building restoration and are now looking for a Junior Geotechincal Engineer to carry on the good work and join their team in Durham.
Key responsibilities include:
- Completing both field and office based projects to a high standard
- Supervision of ground investigation crews, including cable percussion, rotary, and window sampling crews
- Trial pitting
- Logging of soil and rock to BS5930
- Groundwater and gas monitoring
- Assistance in the preparation of Factual and Interpretive Reports
- Reporting to more senior staff members
Needed qualifications and experience:
- Relevant in degree e.g Geology
- Relevant MSc
- Ability to work as a team player with good communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to travel to different sites
- Demonstrated a previous interest in working in the engineering sector
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If this position sounds of interest, please contact Beth Cook at Penguin Recruitment on: (phone number removed) for a confidential chat or alternatively, you can send a copy of your CV to: (url removed).
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.