About the role:
Bellway is a FTSE 250 five star house builder, headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales. The company has grown from a family firm, established more than 70 years ago, into a respected national brand.
We are currently recruiting for the next cohort of our Graduate Programme ‘Great Careers built with us’ for September 2021 start.
The exciting and innovative programme is designed to develop talented individuals who will grow and potentially lead our business in the future. This means providing you with the technical expertise, business knowledge, professional skills and ongoing support to be the best you can be.
You will have the opportunity to work across several different business functions to gain a full appreciation of the build life cycle, and understand how Bellway have earned an enviable reputation, built on the principles of quality, service and trust.
Great Careers built with us
The programme is a 2 year scheme where you will predominantly be based within the department linked to your chosen specialism, however you will get to spend time within key areas of the business to help your understanding of Bellway.
An overview of the programme is as follows:
- Successful candidates will attend a 3 day residential induction programme where you will be given the opportunity to learn more about the business, the 2 year programme and meet the other graduates.
- You will spend time working within key areas of the business including construction, sales, commercial/technical, land and finance.
- Over the course of the programme you will attend ‘skills camps’ and work on projects with your fellow graduates that provide ongoing development and support.
You will be allocated a local buddy to help you settle into your role and a mentor to support your ongoing development.
The quality of our developments, the standard of our customer service, the strength of our business strategy and the value we deliver for our stakeholders are all a result of the talented people who, together, make up Bellway.
Because of this we are much more interested in what you could do, than what you have already done. We are looking for graduates who can demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Demonstrates financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to make reasoned decisions
- Ability to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and have good time management skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
In addition to this, we are looking for graduates with the following:
- 2:2 degree (or above) in a relevant degree or similar
- Willing to travel around the UK and stay away from home for short periods of time
- In order to be considered for this programme you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
We will be recruiting for specific graduate roles as follows:
- Technical (Architectural)
- Technical (Engineering)
- Co-Sec & Legal
So if you are looking to join a thriving company and industry during an exciting period of growth then we look forward to receiving your application.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.