Prospero Teaching are looking for Sports Degree Graduates / Coaches for Secondary/Primary Schools, to provide short-term and/or long term supply cover in various Secondary Schools and Colleges within the Newport area.
Bookings range from 1 week to a full half-term.
We are ultimately looking for Sports Degree Graduates / Coaches who can specialise in Teaching Assistant posts in Secondary, PRU's and SEN schools and Colleges.
If you have confidence in your abilities, consider yourself to be encouraging, positive, committed, and passionate about education then we want to hear from you.
The schools also book Teaching Assistants for emergency cover, so if you are looking for just a few days' work each week this option is available. You can select your preferred booking length, either day to day cover or short-term.
Teaching Assistant Contract/Position Details
* Location - Newport
* Position - Sports Degree Graduates / Coaches Secondary Schools
* Type of work - 1:1 / General classroom assistant / PE assistant
* Start date - ASAP
* Likely Duration - Ongoing supply cover
* Contract type - Temporary
* Full-time & Part Time roles available
* Minimum rate of pay - £61.50 + (Negotiable dependent on experience)
* Hours - 8:45am-3.30pm (term time only)
Supply Teaching Assistant Experience, Training and Qualifications
* It is desirable but not essential that you would have a Childcare qualification or have an interest in looking into doing a qualification to further your career as a Teaching Assistant.
* Up to date Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Teaching if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
To be eligible for any teaching job with Prospero Teaching, you must
* Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
* Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
* Provide two professional references.
If you are interested in becoming a Teaching Assistant with Prospero and would like to be considered for this role, please apply below or call us on (phone number removed) asking for Dario or email: (url removed)
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful Supply Teaching Assistant
* Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.