As a result of our clients expansion plans and continued ongoing success we are seeking a Data Analyst, to be based at their newly built Head Office in Plymouth.
As the Data Analyst, you will assist in developing, implementing & maintaining margin protection and oversight strategies to meet agreed company objectives. You will report to the Head of Margin and Analytics.
This would suit a graduate (specialist field in mathematics / stats / ecomonics) or junior Data Analyst looking to progress and establish their career.
In order to succeed in this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Have clarity about how performance will be measured
- Have a proven background in Retail Head Office support roles
- Be able to proactively plan your time and priorities
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness
- Self-starter, motivated and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Numerate – able to demonstrate analytical skills
- Written Skills – Able to demonstrate effective report and letter writing skills
- Self-sufficient PC skills to include – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email
- Experience with relevant marketing software applications
- Assisting in margin protection and oversight strategies against 3 key areas. These being:
- Calculated Margin
- Transactional Margin
- Analysis of Store Profit & Margin.
- Working with teams within Buying, Supply Chain and Retail to define and prioritise requirements
- Product purchase analysis
- Store and product analysis by demographic / affluence
- Departmental space analytics
- Analysis on store & range profitability
- Bay rationalisation
- Store Erosion analytics including Write Offs, Manual Discounts and Adjustments
- Ensure store turnover, profit and margin is on target vs company objectives
- Provide recommendation based on analytical data on best and poor performing products
- Provide meaningful reports to the Head of Margin Protection & Analytics, recommending appropriate actions, with the aim of enhancing profit and margin
- Promoting a margin protection culture within the business
- Conduct investigations into identified areas of concern
- Provide feedback, findings and make recommendations for improved processes and procedures related to enhancing margin protection.
- Assist others in the validation of Companywide project proposals & business cases which involve capital or other significant expenditure.
Visible and happy to help other members of the team – keeps promises. Contributes to team objectives despite heavy personal commitments. Recognises skill gaps and potential for development
Projects confidence – sells ideas well and is self-confident whatever the situation.
Demonstrates commitment to change in the way they personally do things. Identifies barriers and works to remove them.
Thinks clearly and quickly about issues. Has an eye for detail and identifies critical information. Copes well with complexity. Uses the relevant information to make the correct judgment.
Knows the right questions to ask, and therefore identifies critical issues. Can deal with several tasks simultaneously by planning and organising priorities.
Communicates in such a way that key messages cannot be missed.
Full time Mon - Fri 8.45am - 5.30pm
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.