We have a range of positions already available in Secondary schools and Colleges in the Pontypool area that are suitable for Welsh Speaking graduates who are interested in teaching and/ or supporting teaching either an 'unqualified teacher' graduate cover supervisor or Teaching Assistant.
These positions are suitable for:
(1) Graduates who have some relevant prior experience teaching or working in a classroom setting or tutoring, mentoring or coaching others;
(2) Graduates who have no or limited relevant prior experience but who consider they have the skills and strength of character to be able to hit the ground running;
(3) UK qualified teachers who have been out of teaching for some time and who would like to ease themselves back in before resuming qualified teaching permanently.
Schools, Colleges and other educational establishments are particularly interested in recruiting and employing welsh speaking graduates who are able to teach or support the teaching of those specialisms for which they find it hardest to find teaching and other staff.
These specialisms include:
- Business/ business studies/ economics
- Classics/ Latin
- Computing/ ICT
- Design & technology/ Textiles technology/ Product design/Fashion Electronics/
- Food technology
- Graphic products/ Resistant materials/
- English Language/ Literature
- Geography/ History
- Maths/ mathematics/ numeracy
- Modern languages/ French/ Spanish/German
- Religious education
- Science/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Biology
- PE / Sports / Coaching
The specific roles or positions being advertised through this job advert are for Welsh Speaking graduates who are able to hit the ground running.
* Location -Pontypool
* Position - Cover Supervisor
* Type of work - Lesson Delivery, Classroom Management and Support
* Contract or position start date - January and February 2021
* Duration / Likely Duration - Ongoing
* Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) - Temporary
* Full time/part time - Full and part time contracts available
* Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £65/day +
* Hours - 8:45 am - 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
*Educated to degree level - or working towards a Degree
*Experience tutoring, coaching or similar
*Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (we can assist)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
*Hold Right to Work in the UK
*Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
*Provide two professional child related references
If you are driven, motivated and aim to enhance the educational experience of the pupils that you can work with then please apply by emailing us a copy of your CV or calling the office on (phone number removed)
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
*Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
*In-house Training and Development Team
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.