Do you want to join the leading independent provider of utility networks?
BUUK Infrastructure know that our greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement – “To deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK.”
GTC are part of a family of companies owned by BUUK Infrastructure group and we are currently recruiting for a Graduate Software Developer to support and develop key systems within the organisation. This full-time position is based at our office in Woolpit, Suffolk. Through our graduate mentoring programme, the candidate will receive training and guidance, allowing them to progress their software development career.
We are looking for someone with excellent analytical skills with a strong ability to write software code. You will be able to work independently to research and find solutions to problems. While previous experience in the sector is not necessary, the Graduate will hold a degree (or similar) in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Electronics or related subject.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and join a company that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work®.
Responsibilities will include -
- Support and development of key business systems.
- Work on individual projects as part of the graduate programme.
- Build an in-depth understanding of the existing code base.
- Over time build responsibility for the day-to-day management of our systems including bug resolution and database management.
- In collaboration with colleagues, ensure system and data security is maintained.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and standards, helping to develop these where appropriate. Adhere to and further best practice in all aspects of the job.
- Other development or related work as may be deemed necessary by the IT Director.
Technical (academic or practice-based) experience –
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of SQL
- HTML experience
- Extensive coding experience in any language (whether personal, academic or professional)
- Ability to creatively arrive at technical solutions.
- Strong technical and analytical background
- A passion for coding!
Along with a rewarding working environment we offer a competitive starting salary, pension and life assurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus the opportunity to purchase more through our flexible benefits scheme), corporate perks (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops), wellbeing assistance (24-hour helpline and counselling service) and a social calendar with events taking place throughout the year. Our Woolpit office also has staff car parking and a subsidised restaurant available on site.
Due to the current on-going Coronavirus pandemic, we understand there may be questions about working from home and our offices. BUUK and its group carefully monitor government guidelines and are proud to operate COVID secure offices.
We currently offer a mixture of office and remote working for positions where possible and are taking precautions to ensure all of our staff are safe. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss this further.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.