Construction Management Graduate
Vistry Partnerships - Our Story:
Delivering homes and revitalising communities is at the heart of what we do. Working with local authorities, housing associations and investors, we create lasting partnerships and deliver vibrant, sustainable places to live.
As a leading regeneration specialist, we have offices throughout England and a strong national footprint. With over 100 sites currently in production, we are recognised as an innovative and collaborative industry leader, focused on creating as many new homes of all tenures as possible.
In a Nutshell:
As our Construction Management Graduate, you will work closely with our Divisional Managing Director for the Midlands and North Partnerships Business Units. There will be a requirement to cover up to 80 construction projects across the Midlands and North geographic area so therefore you must be willing to travel. You will be mainly involved with reviewing new sites, reviewing progress on existing sites, assessing safety, quality, and environmental performance plus best practice in terms of construction detailing and sequencing. You must be enthusiastic about construction work and have a keen eye for detail to be able to assess and feedback accurate information both verbally and in written form. You will report back on an as required basis to the Divisional Managing Director and Managing Directors.
You will also be involved with checking off design specifications against delivery, monitoring compliance of materials we are using against Group Procurement Deals and against the details we are building to with our sub-contractors and also carrying out compliance audits of our Sales Arenas.
To fulfil this role, you will be a Construction or Building Management Graduate and must have a key understanding of a how a construction/housing project is run, so therefore hands on site experience is essential, ideally a minimum of 2 to 3 years.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities -
- Aiding in the successful completion of Construction Quality Reviews.
- Travelling to multiple sites to review safety, quality, best practice and compliance.
- Have an input into improving performance against NHBC requirements.
- Documenting best practice against quality, sub-contractor performance, materials etc.
- Aid in ensuring we are being commercially astute with regards to preliminary expenditure on our sites - experience of prelims and analysis of this ideal.
- Help with the review of our project programmes to ascertain if progress on site matches the programme expectation. Report on whether we are ahead or behind on the schedule.
- Travel to our Sales Arenas to audit compliance and report back - particular focus on appearance, signage and the overall retail experience.
- Ensure health and safety, quality and performance on site meets best practice. If not, then this must be flagged to ensure it is resolved.
- Have regular communication with Build Teams to discuss all of the above.
- A Graduate in Construction Management or Building Management.
- Minimum 2-3 years on site construction experience in the house-building sector.
- Understanding of best practice and what it looks like on site.
- Confident and effective communicator - can talk to build teams and sub-contractors with clarity.
- Innovative - must be able to think outside the box.
- Experienced in reporting, tracking, follow-ups and competent in writing papers
- Articulate - must feel confident writing and delivering such reports and findings to senior management.
- Must have a level of autonomy requiring minimal supervision - need to use initiative to prioritise workload.
- You are enthused by excellent health and safety and quality performance and ensure best practice is communicated across business units and sites.
- Be willing to travel across the Midlands and North geographic.
- Flexible and adaptable nature - this role's tasks will vary from day to day.
- The ability to read short and medium programmes to look at whether sites are behind or ahead of schedule.
- Commercial experience regarding prelims and materials.
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Partnerships is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Direct line management report into our Divisional Managing Director
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days holiday plus the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Private Healthcare
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Vistry Group brings together the energy and talents of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships (formerly Galliford Try Partnerships).
With developments from Northumberland to Cornwall and Cheshire to Norfolk, Vistry Group will be delivering around 12,000 homes a year across the country, this makes us one of the top five housebuilders in the UK.
We are a real powerhouse of a business with a focus on delivering for our people, our customers, our clients, our contractors and our shareholders.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us within Vistry Group - we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us - we will always be happy to help.
- Construction Management Graduate
- Coleshill, Warwickshire
- A week ago
- Vistry Partnerships
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts