Our client is a leading and long-established Fintech who count the world’s leading Investment Banks and Hedge Funds amongst their clients. Due to continued growth the opportunity has arisen for a Trainee / Graduate Application Support Analyst professional to join their team. The successful applicant will benefit from significant training and support as they work alongside senior engineers to ensure the application estate runs smoothly.
The tech stack is completely open source running on Linux Server with a MySQL database and Apache Web Server. The core of their system is coded in Object-Oriented Perl and you will be trained to review and make enhancements/alterations to the code base whilst undertaking this role.
THE ROLE: Graduate Application Support Analyst
You will work with the production support team to ensure a high quality of service to clients. You will be fully trained to understand the application and business in depth. Starting with a high-level overview of Capital Markets Securities and their applications, you will then develop a detailed understanding of both. You will receive full assistance from the support and development team as you progress the steep learning curve to becoming an expert in the field. The applications delivering the services have significant server-based data processing components and a behind-the-scenes data gateway systems. The services are delivered over the internet via an interactive user interface.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company at the point where it is looking to increase delivery capacity and product offering. You will gain valuable experience in Application Support and problem-solving skills. This role also offers the opportunity to learn development skills and move into the development team in the future.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Graduate Application Support Analyst
• Monitoring the production and User Acceptance testing environments – using in house proactive monitoring tools
• Investigate, action and resolve issues impacting internal systems and clients.
• Work independently and prioritise tasks in what can be a challenging environment at times
• Report common issues, analyse the root cause and prevent them from recurring, utilising the development team as required
• Responsive to internal and external client queries and tickets
• Enjoy working within a team and feeling ownership for what you do
• On boarding of new services for new and existing clients
• Updating system configuration across environments
• Continuous improvements of the production service and team effectiveness
• Participating in Client Service and Technology meetings
• Handle production incidents and problem management activities related to the incident
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Graduate Application Support Analyst
• Good degree in Computer Science or related field
• Working level Unix/Linux and SQL knowledge
• Ability to apply the right sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated, punctual, organised, responsible and not afraid to ask questions or pick up the phone to clients
• Enjoy both the responsive and proactive elements of the support role
• Enjoy solving complex problems
• Strong Technical ability for complex issue resolution and prioritisation
• Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively, especially during incidents
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to liaise with developers, client service, technical contacts at clients and to provide telephone & e-mail support to end users
Graduate Application Support Analyst
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.