Graduate Infrastructure Project Engineer
Hello IT Graduates! We have a brilliant opportunity for an IT Graduate to work as an Infrastructure Project Engineer, assisting in the design, build and implementation of R&D platform and infrastructure environments for an industry-leading software house in Cambridge, UK.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + pension and private healthcare
This is one of Cambridge’s most successful start-ups in recent years, having won numerous awards. This incredible company are already well positioned on the international stage as one of the leaders within a pioneering area of machine-learning technology.
Offering excellent training, career progression and prospects, this is an ideal time to join and be guided by some of the brightest minds in Cambridge.
Requirements for Graduate Infrastructure Project Engineer:
- A minimum of a 2.1 in a degree with content relating to IT and networking
- At least BBC at A-Level (or equivalent UCAS points)
- Passionate about technology
- An interest in developing Infrastructure environments
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Organised with the ability to work both with autonomy and as part of a team
- Great communication skills with fluent spoken and written English
- Good knowledge in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Cloud platforms (i.e. AWS / Azure),
- Microsoft Server, Exchange, O365
- Linux: Ubuntu, CentOS, KVM
- networking knowledge surrounding routers, switches and firewalls,
- Operating systems (i.e. MacOS, Windows 10, Linux) or
Responsibilities for Graduate Infrastructure Project Engineer:
- Assist in the design, build and implementation of research and development platforms.
- Continually evolve development infrastructure environments ensuring they are kept up-to-date enabling development against the very latest technologies.
- Ensure project requirements are established and achieved in keeping with expectation by engaging with key stakeholders
What this offers
- Working for an industry-leading software company who have a fantastic track record of successfully hiring and training graduates
- Highly varied interesting work
- A good remuneration and benefits package
If you are looking to start a career in Infrastructure Engineering we would love to hear from you. To apply for this unique Graduate Infrastructure Project Engineer opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV via the relevant link
RedTech Recruitment Ltd focus on finding roles for people leaving academia entering industry. Even if the above role isn’t of interest, please visit our website to to see our other opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.