Are you seeking a rewarding and challenging role within financial planning? A position where you can work with clients in their best interests?
If so, we would like to hear from you to help us continue our high-quality service, based on trust, where every client is an individual with a complete alignment of interests.
We are a growing boutique financial planning firm, looking for a paraplanner to join our dynamic, hard-working and approachable team looking after HNW clients.
Joining our team would be a chance to work on all aspects of financial planning, being part of a close-knit environment that is growing, has an entrepreneurial mindset and provides varied responsibility and the ability to be empowered beyond the job title.
We require a paraplanner to partner with a Chartered Financial Planner and other team members to provide advice and service to HNW clients (typically £2-15m).
We can consider two avenues:
An experienced career paraplanner with a few years of experience, who enjoys the work and would become a foundation regarding processes/procedures, taking ownership of improving/driving these business areas.
A graduate, ideally with one or two years of foundation experience to build on and looking for their next step. A longer-term move to advising but with the focus on becoming an accomplished paraplanner first.
We are offering a varied role providing support to a Chartered Financial Planner in the following key areas; Tax Planning (ISA, pension contributions, CGT planning), Estate Planning (inheritance tax, trust planning), Investment Advice (asset allocation, review, analyse, recommend, EIS/VCT), Ongoing Portfolio Reviews.
We offer the opportunity to sit in on client meetings, build cash flow models, undertake technical analysis, write reports, and provide first-class support for our clients.
We'll help you to develop both technical and soft skills to enable your success.
- 3 years + experience as a paraplanner including research, recommendations and reports within a fast-paced wealth management or IFA environment
- Level 4 diploma in financial planning or nearing completion.
- A minimum of B in Maths and English at GCSE level
- A minimum of 2:1 in a relevant subject (e.g. Maths, Finance, Economics), or equivalent
- 1 years experience in wealth management or IFA environment
- Appetite to do CII exams to complete the Diploma if not already
- Experience of intelligent office (IO) but not essential if experienced with other industry systems
- Well organised, ability to prioritise effectively and has attention to detail. Can handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Good email/report/letter writing skills, as well as polite/good communicator over the phone
- Good understanding of Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Good initiative and can find a way to get the answer if no one is around
- Positive attitude, 'can-do' approach
- Ability to interact with high net worth individuals in a confident, professional and natural manner
- Graduate-level or equivalent through experience
We are a boutique financial planning firm based in Holborn Circus. The firm has grown well since inception, predominately through organic referrals which have led to a wide range of clients from entrepreneurs to City professionals such as lawyers and investment bankers.
We operate more of a family office approach, working very closely with accountants and lawyers to ensure the client has the right advice team around them.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We are using a third party to run and organise the response for this advert. Please do not apply directly to us as your application could be missed if it does not go through the right channel.
Paraplanner, Financial Planning Assistant, Assistant Financial Planner, Client Manager, Client Relationship, Financial Planning, Financial Advice, Wealth Management, Graduate Trainee, Junior Paraplanner. Junior Adviser
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.