Are you a graduate looking for a role offering genuine progression prospects, varied and interesting work and great training? You should have a keen interest in IT & technology (but there is no need for your degree to be in IT) and a strong affinity with problem solving and helping people. You will have the opportunity to work with some fantastic businesses doing amazing things and make a big impact within Bridge Partners.
Graduate Service Desk Engineer Responsibilities:
To bolster your technical knowledge, you will be working with our service desk team where you will receive high quality training to administer remote IT support by email and phone.
You will also be involved in interesting project work for clients, monitoring client’s systems/services remotely and configuring and building client machines.
Once you have reached a suitable technical level there will be opportunities to progress within the business depending on your preference and abilities to several areas including more technical work, project work, account management, strategic IT advice and onsite support.
Graduate Service Desk Engineer Requirements:
- A real interest in IT and technology; you don’t need to develop software, but you do need to have a basic understanding of how IT works and different user challenges.
- Customer service is key; you must be a people person with patience and confident communication skills.
- Great problem-solving skills with the ability to see the challenge through.
- A passion to learn and be involved with a progressive company.
What’s in it for you?
- At Bridge Partners, we are a family. We’re a friendly bunch with passion, ambition and we thrive on teamwork, learning & development.
- Opportunities to gain technical knowledge with professional qualifications, with exam bonuses, and the chance to work on some interesting projects.
- Genuine progression prospects into any area of the business - we have some diverse IT work going on so you can find your niche.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing every 2 years you work with us.
- Company socials - we’ve had everything from the Crystal Maze, Cambridge Lockhouse to BBQs and dinners.
About Bridge Partners:
Bridge Partners are widely regarded as Cambridge’s leading supplier of outsourced IT support. We provide bespoke onsite & remote support to start-ups and SME’s in various sectors from biotechnology, life sciences to finance. We focus on long-term relationships that stay true to our values of clarity, partnership and quality.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 to £24,000 per annum
You may have experience of the following: Graduate, Service Desk Engineer, Graduate Opportunities, Associate Service Desk Engineer, IT Support, 1st Line Support, Telecoms Engineer, Telephony, Helpdesk Support, Systems Administrator, Network Engineer, Technical Support, Infrastructure Engineer, Contact Centre Solutions, etc.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.