Graduate Project Engineer (Fabrication/Mechanical)
£20,000 - £25,000 + Company Benefits
Are you a Graduate Mechanical Engineer from a fabrication background looking for specialist on the job training and development and technical progression?
Are you looking for a really varied role where you will be involved in design, quality, manufacturing, bids, tenders as well as getting in the workshop?
On offer is a varied role where you will be involved with 2D Mechanical Designs, support the shop floor manufacturing staff and site visits to vessels.
This company are a specialist business with over 10 sites in the UK. They manufacture large Heat Exchangers and structural alloys for the Oil and Gas, Power and Energy markets across the globe.
This role would suit a Project Engineer from a fabrication background looking for specialist on the job training and development and technical progression
- Mechanical Design of heat exchangers and pressure vessels
- Producing 2D designs and CAD/CAM programs
- Support the shop floor staff in the manufacturing process
- Site visits and client meetings
- Deal with customer enquiries, specifications, drawings, datasheets and other details.
- Optimise design of processes
- Estimate costs of components and liaise with sub suppliers of various components.
- Liaise with projects, procurement and production departments for revision, drawings and purchase specifications.
- Negotiate prices and contract terms with clients. There will be the need for some business travel, both in the UK and overseas as required.
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- Fabrication background or some work experience
- Pressure vessels or heat exchangers experience would be beneficial
Mechanical, Design, Engineer, Pressure, Vessel, Heat, Exchanger, Fluid Dynamics, Stress, Strain, Calculations, Production, Fabrication
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.