Graduate Hardware Engineer
£25 - £27K
Bluefin are working with a client in Loughborough who are an award-winning, world-leading developer of embedded signal processing and RF modules, and LTE PHY/stack software, for 4G and 5G mobile network and related applications. They are currently looking for a graduate Hardware engineer to join the team.
- Hardware team member; working as part of a team to design hardware for company projects.
- Contribute to alternatives and feasibility studies.
- Formulate test plans and perform hardware verification testing.
- Provide hardware assistance to the software team during their development process.
- Follow company core processes.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role, as may reasonably be requested by the line manager.
The ideal candidate will possess a good first degree (1st / 2.1) and will have some previous work experience in the engineering sector. A sound knowledge of digital and analogue principles is required for the role.
Key experience and knowledge required for the role:
- An interest in Telecommunications
- An interest in RF
- Understanding of certain laws: Shannon’s, Nyquist’s, etc
- Knowledge of RLC circuit characteristics
- Knowledge of Tx line theory
- Understanding of test tools – oscilloscopes, DMMs, spectrum analysers
- Awareness of interfaces, such as LAN, RS422, RS232, CAN etc
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills
- Use of standard packages, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Problem solving ability
- Self-reliant to research around subject as required
- Be able to work in a team
- Exposure to schematic capture and circuit board design
- Knowledge of testing methodology – functional, electromagnetic, environmental etc
- Soldering experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a world leading company. If you are interested in applying for the role please send a copy of your CV to Rob Atkins at Bluefin Recruitment for immediate consideration.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.