Role: Graduate Controls and Automation Engineer – 1 year experience minimum in industry
Salary: 30,000 to £36,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus 10% bonus, life assurance, healthcare, 8% pension and more!
Location: Commutable from Oxford, Swindon, Cirencester, Reading, Bristol, Bath, Marlborough, Newbury, Chippenham and surrounding areas
A global and reputable manufacturing company are looking for Graduate Controls and Automation Engineer to support Controls and Automation Projects within their expanding factory. The company takes great pride in its work and people, offering careers within an excellent, collaborative and innovative working environment for the right Candidate. Work across and take ownership of engineering projects that is varied and stimulating. Opportunities to advance your career and move within this a global company. Challenge your skills in finding out problems and help contribute and implement solutions. Work within a team that is highly passionate, productive and dedicate.
The successful Graduate Controls and Automation Engineer will be tasked with focusing and supporting various projects across production, machinery and facilities;
- Support the manufacturing process with regards to improving operational and process performance, specifically automation strategies for existing and future business product lines.
- Be the technical matter expert for PLC’s and controls, including Siemens, Allen Bradley and Omron PLC’s.
- Offer expertise and steer new product introductions on automation engineering topics to define activity required to deliver the automation strategy of the project.
- Work across projects that include commissioning, installations, programming and design.
- Report on and deliver project plans for all own engineering activities.
- Promote and actively deliver continuous improvements by investigating issues/problems and providing solutions, followed by mapping it out and implementation.
- Ensure all existing and future equipment meets the technical and quality requirements of the operation.
- Assist in the selection and integration of new equipment and services.
- To evaluate, manage, and report the process capability of the equipment and services employed in the operation.
- Develop equipment/services on associated risk and impact of equipment failures.
- Assist in the management and reporting of capital/revenue projects.
- To drive and support the delivery of quality, safety and CI related activities.
- Contribute towards a lean manufacturing process.
- Degree Qualified Engineer in a relevant discipline such as Automation and Control Engineering
- Must have at least 1 year industry experience within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
- Ideally have worked within a regulated environment such as Pharmaceutical (GMP) OR Food Manufacturing – but not essential
- Experience of PLC’s – any considered – Siemens, Allen Bradley, Omron, Mitsubishi
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and present technical information to non-engineering personnel – Clients etc.
- Must be career motivated and keen to work within an exciting and progressive company.
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered. Or call TechNichols Resourcing and speak with Wesley for further information.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.