Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK&I across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
We are looking for an recent civil or structural engineering graduate who will be trained to become an integral part of our wider engineering team. You will liaise directly with our clients, contractors, operators and suppliers as necessary. You will be proactive, able to challenge the status quo as necessary and be looking for a role that will test your academic skills and abilities.
- minimum of ‘B’ grades (or equivalent) from A level/GCSE/IB exams to include maths and at least one science subject;
- a recent civil or structural engineering degree with an achieved/predicted 2.1 classification or above;
- a desire to focus on renewable power project development rather than desk-based design work;
- working towards gaining relevant professional membership of a recognised civil or structural institute;
- full driving licence;
- the ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and Ireland; and
- exemplary communication skills;
- able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The following is desirable:
- relevant civils/structural engineering experience gained from summer work, internship, or a year in industry placement;
- some experience of the core principles of foundation piling, reinforced concrete and steelwork design and construction; and
- a basic understanding of environmental issues, building codes, inspections, quality controls and geotechnical studies.
A package including basic salary, car allowance, 5% pension contribution, private medical, life assurance, company bonus scheme and full support towards Chartered Engineer status.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.