Our client is an established business supplying their products and services to the Building & Construction Industry and due to expansion currently have a vacancy for a Graduate Engineer to work with their CAD, Sales and Commercial teams.
After initial training in company products and procedures you shall report to the Design Team Manager, progressing customer orders from technical enquiries.
The role will involve:
- Dealing with allocated technical contracts.
- Engineering analysis of applications
- Corresponding with the customer to request information, communicate problems or provide technical advice.
- Production of engineering solutions and design calculations for both standard products and more challenging bespoke applications including: Deflection calculations for steel, fixing calculations in tension and shear, windloading calculations
- Assistance in the production of engineering drawings
- Maintain project files and quality documentation
- Liaise with internal departments: Drawing Office, Sales, Commercial
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Applicants should possess a degree in Structural / Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Possess good engineering analytical skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD and ideally Solidworks
- Previous experience of working in a design office environment, preferably within the building and construction sector
- Good telephone manner and good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work on a stand-alone basis, as well as part of a team
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.