Here at Wickes we are looking to recruit an engaging, dynamic and motivated graduate to join our business, within our Quality Assurance area.
You may be wondering what Quality Assurance is all about?
Well, read on below to find out....
The Wickes Quality Assurance team covers a large scope of activities including ensuring that products are sourced from responsible suppliers that share the Wickes commitments to our customers, colleagues, and the environment. We ensure that the products that Wickes sell are legally compliant, safe to use and good value for money and we strive to reduce our impact on the planet whilst bringing quality products to our customers.
The QA team is involved at the start of any sourcing project to make sure that suppliers and products meet standards that Wickes can be proud of and we remain part of the product journey including helping customers with afersales queries and ensuring that products are easily recyclable when they are no longer needed.
The Wickes Quality Assurance team sets the standard for product quality by using expertise with our partners in China, India and around the world to test new technologies and materials in product innovation. Delivering quality products from responsible manufacturers to a project in every home in the UK.
If you would enjoy the pace and energy of a retail environment which is collaborative, fun and inclusive where people feel part of a winning team, then Wickes is the place for you!
Furthermore, you can also enjoy the benefits of working together in person as a team blended with the flexibility of remote working.
The details of the role are outlined below, and if you feel this is an opportunity you can't miss out on then apply today and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.
- Support the product evaluation and approval process across several categories, including risk assessment and benchmarking processes, to ensure that only compliant products (safe, legal, reliable and fit-for-purpose) enter the business.
- Assist the Category Technical Manager in carrying out supplier evaluation and approvals as appropriate, including associated manufacturing sites, and ensure all non-compliance issues are effectively dealt with and appropriate remedial action taken.
- Under the guidance of the Category Technical Manager, ensure accuracy of product certification and specification data provided by Suppliers and maintain technical files to the required level of detail and content for Own Brand and Direct Import products as part of the evaluation and approval process.
- Investigate and report on technical queries and quality concerns in relation to product returns, critical product failures and customer complaints identifying remedial actions, product changes and associated cost implications as necessary.
What are we looking for:
- Educated to A Level or equivalent * Interested in pursuing a qualification in a Technical field (Degree equivalent) i.e. Chartered Engineer. Diploma Quality Management
- Some Knowledge of QA Practices and methodology * Some knowledge of product legislation and Environmental impact
- Experience of factory manufacturing processes and best practice would be desirable
- Resilience in following through business critical issues
- Persuasive approach to problem solving at all levels
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of individuals * Well organised with the ability to plan workload to achieve deadlines
- Good numeracy skills and conversant in Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Drive.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence, have access to a car and be prepared to travel as required to collaborate with suppliers, Wickes store colleagues and other stakeholders.
What can we offer you?
You'll be supported with fantastic learning and development and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career with us
We'll also equip you with a benefits package that includes
- Competitive bonus
- Save-as-you-earn scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Colleague discount
- Discount platform including savings and cash back at numerous retailers, savings on gym membership, cycle to work scheme
Our widely recognised wellbeing strategy is something we're proud of at Wickes. As part of this, we offer a range of health and wellbeing benefits and support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, financial education & loans, and access to parental, menopause and fertility support.
We recognise the value of bringing our teams together to collaborate, support each other and build on our amazing culture. We are also encouraging our teams to work flexibly, with a blend of remote / office working.
This role also includes travel to our distribution centres in Northampton and visiting suppliers.
Wickes is a multi-channel retailer operating in the home improvement market. With 40 years in industry, Wickes now generates revenue in excess of £1.3Bn across 230 stores delivered by 8,000+ colleagues.
But it is the Wickes' culture that is considered its best kept secret; it's a collaborative, down to earth, fun and inclusive environment where people feel part of a winning team. All our colleagues come from different backgrounds, but what we all have in common is a determination to succeed and a passion for being the best we can be. If that sounds like you, we'll make you feel right at home.
Please note: All offers of employment are subject to DBS / background checks.
" Please contact us if you require any adjustments within the application process, (url removed) If you require any reasonable adjustments at the interview stage you will have an opportunity to inform us when we invite you to interview."
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.