Are you interested in a career with one of the UK & Irelands leading Building & Civil Engineering companies?
Joining Farrans as a Graduate environmental advisor provides you with the opportunity to work on high profile and complex projects across the UK & Ireland. Whilst Farrans ensure your career is built around you, by offering bespoke career toolkits & pathways, mentor schemes and a route to chartership
This role will see you contributing to implementing and monitoring the environmental performance within Farrans. Alongside involvement with supporting and collaborating with Environmental Advisors, internal and external stakeholders. Auditing, monitoring, and measuring environmental performance, assisting with environmental reports, sharing best practice and coordinating activities within the SHE Team.
Travel is expected as part of this role to construction sites, company fixed locations and other project related needs.
- Implementing and operating SHE management standards and processes
- Working to assist the SHE team, multiple stakeholders, and locations
- Assist with - project and company reporting on Environmental / Sustainability performance; BREEAM / CEEQUAL requirements on projects; the monitoring of the completion of corrective & preventative actions and the close-out of NCR’s; the preparation of post-audit reports and identify actions to project and company management teams; Environmental Auditing and environmental mitigation / protection on Farrans sites including management of issues such as noise, water management, ecology, carbon and waste management
- Support the - development of continuous improvement practices including SHE alerts, communication and knowledge sharing; Environmental Advisors regarding regulator queries and requests; Environmental Advisor with permitting and consent requirements
- Develop Site Waste Management Plans and Construction Environmental Management Plans for Projects
Skills & Experience required
Aside from being passionate about starting a career in the SHE industry. You will need to have a high attention to detail coupled with meticulous planning and organisational skills
- Hold bachelor’s degree, HNC OR HND in Environmental Management
- Strong influencing and people skills
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Open to living away from home
- Flexible approach to working hours and locations
What Farrans can offer you
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Our culture is one which fuels innovation, transparency and inclusivity.
We offer competitive salaries, 30+ days annual leave, pension plan, health cash plan enrolment, professional membership, access to discounts, cycle to work scheme, enhanced maternity, family friendly policies, 24/7 counselling and support health line, GP anytime, Wellbeing App, Company Occupational Health, Annual Health and Well Being Events.
We will try to locate our graduates as close to home as possible, but from time-to-time there may be a requirement for them to work from home due to the projects available at the time. If this is required and the project is over two hours from your home, you will receive free accommodation, paid for by the Company, living away from home allowance and daily travel allowance.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.