Graduate Software Engineer
Our Automated Guided Vehicle and Automated Systems Site, in Leicester, is actively seeking a self-reliant and pro-active Software Engineer who is disciplined and structured in their approach to work. If you enjoy working on projects and having a real sense of achievement, our Software Engineer role would be the perfect fit for you!
You will work cross functionally across the business, working alongside Electrical, Mechanical and Installation Engineers and be led by our Project Managers. Based on this, we are looking for someone who thrives off being part of a team and working towards the overall business goal!
This could be a new and exciting challenge for someone looking to build upon their experience! As a Software Engineer we value relentless continuous improvement whether working on your own initiative or as part of a team. At JBT Automated Systems we have a fantastic team, who are always be on hand to support.
As a Software Engineer you will be involved in the design, development, and installation of our AGV systems as well as After Market software support. The ideal candidate would have the ability to:
- Develop and implement software projects using the Microsoft Windows development environment using J Script, C#, XML/JSON, and a variety of ODBC/ADO compliant database packages and SQL Server.
- Interact with project managers and customers to understand the requirements and deliverables for a project.
- Development of software functional specifications and design specifications.
- Setup and configure Windows Server operating system for use in manufacturing production systems.
- Completes assignments as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Travel, as needed, to customer sites and working away from home for extended periods.
- Training of customer personnel on the use of the system and remote and on-site support of installed systems.
- Participation in the out-of-hours telephone hotline support.
Plus many more aspects.
We are looking for our Software Engineer to have -
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in a Computer Science or Engineering discipline where strong computing applications and development can be demonstrated or relevant experience
- Proficiency in SQL programming required and prior programming experience with proficiency in C++, Java, C# or other equivalent language required.
- Proven technical competence and be keen to learn new technologies.
- Experience with Web Development and Web Services a plus.
As well as
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Able to work on independent tasks, or collaborate with others on larger tasks
- Able to travel on short notice for up to 25% of the time, domestic and international.
- Current/valid driver’s license
A bit about us
We are JBT, a global leading technology solution provider with offices in more than 100 countries all over the world. We are growing both organically and by acquisitions and are continuously looking for new employees that want to grow with us! We are awesome at supplying the food processing and air transportation industries with cutting edge machinery and equipment. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for our customers.
Our JBT AGV business is a thriving and rapidly expanding industry. We are constantly looking to grow and develop our projects and after sales service in all areas of the business.
We seek people with passion, engagement and determination to give our customers the BEST service, as well as the drive to work with us to develop best in class internal standards and specifications, as we know this will make a huge difference to our organisation short, mid and long term! We are just missing Software Engineer to add to our team!
We value our employees and want to ensure we provide a range of different benefits to suit everyone! Benefits you can expect if you choose to join us..
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice pension (matched up to 8%).
- Company Sick Pay Scheme.
- Group Life Insurance.
- Retail Discount Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Program as well as access to our Health & Wellbeing platform.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Social Events (will resume when restrictions are lifted).
- Free Parking.
- The ability to work in an established international and fast-growing company with great opportunities for personal development.
- A work environment where we value individual initiatives (everyone matters at JBT).
- Continuous development and improvement (always in it together as a team).
If you are the Software Engineer, we're looking for, please click on the link to apply below.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.