Sport/PE graduates and Coaches required
School Jobs available - Cardiff, RCT, Caerphilly, Newport, Bridgend and Vale of Glamorgan
Part time and Flexible
Start date - ASAP
Looking for a rewarding role in a brilliant school that can help accelerate your career? We are recruiting Sports Coaches, Graduates and University students for part time general and PE Cover Supervisor vacancies in our large network of schools across Cardiff, Caerphilly, Newport, RCT, Bridgend and Barry.
This post is ideal for undergraduates and graduates who want to work flexibly, on their terms and gain valuable work experience while doing so. We work in partnership with Cardiff Met and USW, and can facilitate paid placements on a flexible, part time basis.
We are the only specialist PE & BESD teaching agency in Wales and welcome applicants with the relevant sports experience and qualifications to work as a Cover Supervisor which includes applicants with sports coaching and sports degrees.
We have found that candidates with sports backgrounds also make excellent general cover supervisors, largely because of their rapport with young people and their positive behaviour management skills.
We also offer opportunities to work as a 1:1 teaching assistant if you’re a sports graduate or a qualified sports coach and enjoy working with children with challenging behaviour. We can provide part or full time 1:1 teaching assistant positions that involve building strong relationships with a single pupil with special educational needs.
As we are a teaching agency, run by PE teachers and behavioural specialists, we will ensure you have the right training and ongoing support such as CPD and mentoring that ensures your success and growth as a teaching assistant. We offer our staff unrivalled FREE training from accredited courses such as Autism Awareness, ADHD awareness and positive Behavioural Management.
- Cover day to day bookings when regular PE staff are absent due to illness or courses.
- To supervise basic games type activities in PE lessons in high schools.
- To cover for general classroom lessons when required (optional).
- The ability to engage all of the children involved in your lesson.
If you can say yes to everything listed below, you are just what we're looking for!
- Be person centred in all aspects of your role?
- Commit yourself to the ongoing professional development of your skills and knowledge?
- The ability to engage students while being firm but fair?
- Experience in coaching/teaching groups of children and ideally hold a recognised sports coaching qualification?
In return you will receive;
- Access to FREE in-house training such as Team Teach, Thrive and the opportunity to complete a Teaching Assistant Level 3 qualification
- Relevant, well-paid experience for under-graduates and graduates
- Excellent experience for PGCE and graduate employment
Job offer is subject to relevant and satisfactory references and documentation (we can help to facilitate this. You will also be expected to complete 'positive behavioural management', 'safe practice & good practice.'
Are you ready for a new challenge? Join us! We look forward to your application
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.