Amazing opportunity for a high calibre Numerate Graduate to join a small team of researchers and software developers analysing and trading financial and other markets. Our client develops tools for their in-house services and identify new opportunities for trading. Their day-to-day work is evidence driven and supported by highly automated processes.
As part of the Operations Team, you will be responsible for operating and analysing their trading activities around the world (both in their core business as well as in affiliated businesses).
They enjoy a collaborative environment with colleagues from a solid science and programming background.
As this role is heavily involved with the idiosyncrasies that often accompany operations, they would expect that you must have:
• Education to BSc level, ideally in a mathematical or scientific subject
• A high degree of numeracy and the ability to work in different currencies
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and the ability to come to grips with new applications quickly
• Knowledge in SQL is welcome, but can also be acquired on the job
• Attention to detail. In a field where missing a single character can make all the difference, we would expect you to work meticulously.
• Good organisational skills. You should enjoy proper planning and having things in order.
• Being comfortable dealing with different time zones
• Ability to recognise and pursue business opportunities
• Strong interpersonal skills and a mature, responsible attitude
• Willingness to work flexible hours. This role involves weekend rotation work. Candidates need to be comfortable to regularly swap work days during the week for weekends at least 50% of the time.
• Most importantly, you need to display initiative: As a self-starter, you are comfortable delving both into existing projects and taking up new projects
To find out more about this amazing opportunity please make an application and we will be in touch.
Please note we can only accept those with full working rights for the UK
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.