Graduate Fire Engineer
Salary: £highly competitive + valuable benefits
About the role:
Are you a proactive, flexible individual who has recently graduated from university with a degree relevant to the fire engineering sector? SOCOTEC is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Fire Engineer who is currently based around the London or Bicester area to join us at a particularly exciting time of growth and development for the business. With countless opportunities to get involved in projects nationwide, this diverse, hands-on role will involve supporting our fire engineering team.
- Research major projects
- Liaise directly with clients
- Conduct Fire safety advisory work, supported by a senior engineer
- Develop Fire safety strategies, supported by a senior engineer
- Review project enquiries and issue fee proposals
We’re looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you must also have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (specifically, mechanical, structural or a similar field)
- A postgraduate fire engineering qualification (certificate, diploma or masters).
- Good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Ability to manage your workload effectively and work to deadlines
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping.
With over 100 years of history, SOCOTEC is the UK’s leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, we put people at the heart of what we do, employing more than 1500 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7000 customers.
Think you’ve got what it takes to add value to our success?
SOCOTEC is an equal opportunities employer.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.