Graduate Primary Mentor
Do you have experience working with children with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties?
Would you like to support pupils in an outstanding school?
Tradewind is currently looking for a dedicated Mentor to join a fantastic school based in Corby (Northamptonshire) to support pupils across the primary phase. If successful, you will be required to support pupils academically and specifically with reading support. Students who attend come from a range of backgrounds and have a range of needs such ASC, ADHD, SEMH, ADD and ODD.
This is a full-time role that starts immediately or from January and will continue on a ongoing basis for the rest of the academic year.
This fantastic School was rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, it has primary and secondary pupils on site. They have excellent facilities, which includes a sensory room, library, climbing wall, sports centre and a variety of intervention rooms. It's a really welcoming team, who value every member of staff and offer CPD opportunities every Monday for long-term members of staff.
You will receive training from Tradewind and the School. There is a lot of career progression available as the majority of the senior leadership team, started off as support staff and worked there way up. It's a challenging role, working with vulnerable pupils, however it can be very rewarding and you make a real difference to young childrens lives.
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have a min of 3 months experience working with children in the last 2 years
- SEN knowledge and experience
- Degree qualified or completed relevant qualifications
- GCSE A-C's in English and Maths
- A good understanding about working with children with SEMH difficulties
- Willingness to learn and take on instruction from senior members of staff
- Comfortable supporting pupils that can display extreme challenging behaviour
- Confident working 1:1 with pupils on your own initiative
- Live locally to Corby or willing to commute
- DBS on the update service (we can help if you require a new one)
- Available now or in January
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Primary Mentor in Corby, Northamptonshire.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.