A fantastic School in Central London are looking to appoint a team of graduates into roles as Graduate Learning Mentor Teaching Assistants who are interested in gaining 1 year of experience on a permanent contract in a secondary school before applying for teacher training in September 2022. They would also consider applications from graduates who are passionate about working with young people who are not looking to become a teacher. The role will be to inspire, motivate and increase attainment and participation in core subject areas. Becoming a Graduate Learning Mentor is a great way to explore a career in Teaching.
- Fantastic Grade 1 Ofsted 11 - 18 School
- Graduate Learning Mentor
- £17,364 - £25,801 (£70 - £100 per day)
- 1 year contract position to work as a learning mentor/teaching assistant
- Opportunity to gain experience in Secondary setting - superb for teacher training application
- Great rates of pay
- All subject areas considered, you must have a related undergraduate degree
- Lively, interesting and fun support department
- Great school leadership
The school caters for students across the age and ability range and currently have learners who display a range of needs. As such they would like to appoint well qualified graduates who can work as learning mentors and Graduate Learning Mentors to work on a 1:1 and small group basis to focus raising attainment, participation, confidence and self esteem. The ideal candidate will be someone who is interested in applying for a teaching training program for September 2022 or a graduate who is passionate about young people and wants to inspire others. The school invests heavily in the support department and you would be joining a growing team of graduates.
If you have worked as a mentor or tutor at University and are considering gaining experience in a secondary school setting then this is an ideal placement. The School has a specific interest in individuals that have undergraduate degrees in or related to the following subjects:
- Science (general)
ASPECTS OF JOB ROLE OF GRADUATE LEARNING MENTORS
Some typical responsibilities include:
- Working with school staff to select students for mentoring
- Discussing the aims of mentoring with pupils
- Supporting pupils inside and outside of the classroom
- Agreeing and writing action plans
- On occasion making home visits to talk to parents about issues and to offer advice about strategies to deal with problems
- Liaising with schools, teachers, social workers and educational psychologists and making referrals where appropriate
- Organising and running drop-in sessions and music and sports events for pupils
- Aiding pupils with the transition to secondary education
- Helping pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies
- To keep accurate records of sessions, including topics covered & tasks set
- To improve own practice, including through observation, evaluation and discussion with colleagues
- To engage with the whole school monitoring programme, CPD programme and Performance Management process for staff development purposes.
- To attend faculty meetings and appropriate training as required to identify, discuss and target-set strategies to secure the progress and attainment of students
- Using specialist subject knowledge to develop, implement and evaluate clearly structured teaching and learning activities that are differentiated to the needs of students
- Alongside subject teachers, to contribute to the planning, developing and delivery of personalised resources and sessions appropriate to the student's relative level of ability
- Using specialist knowledge, to work with subject teachers in identifying and assessing student needs accurately
- To be available to work from 8.30am - 4pm and available for Parents/Carers Evenings, events and meetings.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.