Sports Coach/sports cover supervisors
Calling all sports coaches and sports graduates! Do you have experience working with children aged 11-18? Are you looking for a flexible working schedule and a rewarding career? Cover Supervision and Teaching Assistant work in Secondary Schools may be the perfect opportunity for you!
HRGO Education are in search of graduate sport coaches for secondary schools across the county of Suffolk to bring in. We cover all areas of Suffolk and look for sports coaches to do cover supervisor and teaching assistant work in all parts of the county to work locally to their homes - not sending you more than 45 minutes away at any given time.
This type of work will suit somebody who is passionate about the education sector and would like the opportunity to gain classroom experience. Whether you are a graduate in study or someone wanting an excellent work-life balance cover supervising is a great opportunity.
Do you live in or around any of the following areas?
Ipswich - Sudbury - Stowmarket - Bury St Edmunds - Felixstowe
- Supervise work that has been set by the teacher and respond to any questions from students.
- Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
- Ensure a clear, orderly environment in which the highest standards of learning take place during cover lessons.
- Ensure students are aware of the learning objectives at the start of the lesson and are able to reflect upon their learning at the end.
- Provide feedback to the appropriate teacher including the work set and the student's response.
- Report, as appropriate using the schools agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of students during the class and on any problems arising.
- Minimum qualification level of core subject GCSE's grade C or above (4 - 9)
- DBS update service registered or new DBS in process (we can assist with this)
- Right to work in the UK
Pay & Working Hours
Seasonal or relief Cover Supervisors are typically paid between £10.25 and £12.25 per hour. Income figures are intended as a guide only.
Full-time Cover supervisors usually work between 32 & 35 hours per week. Starting the school day at 8.30am and finishing at 3.30pm with a 30-minute lunch break. There are also part-time, casual and job share options available.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position, but it may become permanent later upon school discretion.
HRGO Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.