A fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Garment Technologist to join a leading clothing company who supply the High Street and Supermarket accounts such as Primark, Next, Fatface, M&S, TU and George amongst others. The ideal candidate will have a relevant degree and be looking to develop their career in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to progress.
- Reporting to the Technical Manager.
- Ensuring that garments are being produced to the required quality standard and that manufacturing is measured within tolerance.
- Discussing new designs with the design department and Merchandisers and helping to decide on the best way to manufacture them.
- Working out size specifications and planning how new garments will be made up by producing initial and graded size charts.
- Monitoring the production of sample garments and initiating any changes to the designs to fit manufacturing requirements.
- Liaising with customers and clients and working with the Far East Factories and High Street stores.
- Working with the Garment Tech Team as well as being able to use your own initiative.
- Liaising with colleagues with regards to ideas and changes that can be made to improve the garment.
- Other duties as required.
- Have a Fashion/Clothing Technology degree (or similar).
- Ideally have experience in a similar role / placement.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to also work on own initiative.
- Ability to travel as and when required to meet with Buyers and suppliers.
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.