We are looking for our new Civil Engineer Graduates for September 2022 to be based in Scotland - As part of your application, please include a cover letter addressing the below points:
Why are you interested in joining Barhale?
What behaviours and values will you bring to the role and to Barhale?
The role will include providing technical support during the construction phase and also during project closeout, to ensure that a number of tasks are carried out on-site with regard to Safety, Environment and Efficiency, and to assist the Site Agent and Foreman with the efficient and effective running of the site.
The Civil Engineer will also plan to enable activities to ensure timely work packages for the construction teams, which are safe and in line with the company procedures.
Engaging with site operatives
- Maintain a register of operatives and staff on-site detailing their training records
- Identify training needs of site personnel and inform them of upcoming training bookings
Site documentation and statistics
- Ensure all paperwork and posters are displayed on the site office wall and kept up to date
- Ensure all reported near misses are recorded following procedure and submitted to the Office Manager each week
- Ensure all Safety and Environmental Statistics are recorded and sent to management monthly
- Ensure current revisions of drawings are the ones being used on the site
- Upload relevant site information onto Envoy, ensuring it is up to date
- Deliver toolbox talks and present Cascade to site operatives, ensuring Cascade registers are completed and returned
- Maintain a site diary, site correspondence file and photographic record of the project
- Produce and display a roles and responsibilities chart, establishing the responsibility for each role on site
Monitor plant and equipment
- Produce a site register to record all items to be inspected under LOLER and PUWER Regulations, and ensure they are regularly checked
- Record the condition of plant arriving on site on a form with photographs
- Check the weekly plant sheet against the actual plant on-site and ensure any anomalies are resolved through communication with the Cost Manager
- Provide support with technical information/advice
- Propose and/or develop value engineered solutions (during pioneering and design phases)
- Produce ITP’s and Task Briefings
- Work with the Site Agent to produce 2-week look ahead report
- Assist with the production of Site Diaries and Allocation Sheets
Key Measures & Targets:
- Accurate and timely setting out of the works
- Timely handover of works and Quality records without outstanding defects
- Production of accurate records, drawing registers and weekly diaries
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations
Awareness of the use of robotic total station or EDM instruments
Degree/HNC qualified, or equivalent, in civil engineering
Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with both clients and staff
Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
Experience in using AutoCAD and MS Office
Cable avoidance training
First aid training
Confined space training
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.