Location - Oxfordshire
Sector - Pharmaceutical Research
Salary - £22,000 - £24,000 DOE.
Our client is a leading, multi-national pharmaceutical CRO based in Oxfordshire who are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their expanding informatics team. This position is only open to recent University Chemistry graduates who are looking for a fantastic opportunity to step into the pharmaceutical sector. No previous informatics experience is required, in fact, this is a junior role that would suit someone with no experience.
This is a position suitable for individuals who have recently graduated with a Chemistry degree, either Bachelor’s or Master’s level. As an Informatics Scientist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Working on the internal helpdesk, providing informatics support to drug discovery scientists.
- Solving problems with internal IT tasks.
- Creation of new user profiles, providing individuals with access to various parts of the IT system.
- Ensure internal compound catalogue is up to date.
- Delivering training on software to scientists
- Developing new software to be used by scientists - this is why it is important to have a chemistry background.
Skills and Experience Needed
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate and so no prior informatics experience is necessary.
The idea candidate will have:
- A BSc or MSc in a Chemistry focused subject.
- Strong experience in use of Excel and other Microsoft office programmes.
- The desire to enter the pharmaceutical sector in a desk-based opportunity.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work effectively individually or as part of a team.
Being a leading pharmaceutical CRO, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.