Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant
Have you recently graduated from a top university and have ambitions of pursuing a career within the education sector?
Are you fluent in English and an additional language such as Polish, Arabic and Spanish to name a few and would like to utilise this skill in a work setting?
Would you see the role of a Teaching Assistant supporting children with English as their second language as the perfect opportunity for you?
A magnificent primary school with a wide mix of socio-economic backgrounds from across Liverpool is seeking an ambitious graduate to take on the role of a Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant starting immediately…
- Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant
- Full-time, long-term role starting immediately and running until July 2022 initially
- Earn up to £350 per week as a Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant
- Work in a classroom setting, providing essential support to children with English as an additional language
- Perfect role for aspiring teachers or educational psychologists
- A linguistics, core subject or education-based degree with a minimum 2:1 is essential
- Experience working within an EAL or SEN background desirable, but not essential
- Must be fluent in additional language
- Superb primary school located centrally in Liverpool - easy public transport access + staff parking available
- Interviewing immediately
A fantastic opportunity at a primary school has arisen for an individual who has recently graduated from university to take on the role of a Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant. The successful candidate will be driven and have a real passion for working with children from all socio-economic backgrounds, providing them with the best opportunities possible during their school years.
This school's aim is to provide exciting opportunities for children to learn in a safe and happy school setting. They offer a personalised curriculum in a caring, stimulating and challenging environment, encouraging independence and the skills needed for daily life. It is an establishment that aims to promote positive relationships, trust and co-operation to secure an enjoyable learning environment where expectations are clear and behaviour management is approached in a positive way.
As a Graduate EAL Teaching Assistant, you will work either in a 1:1 or group setting providing children who have English as a second language support during lessons in order to help them meet learning objectives. You will be expected to work alongside the class teacher to ensure the children you are working with gain an understanding of lessons/activities that are being conducted.
This role is perfect for an aspiring teacher, either in a mainstream or SEN setting. The role provides essential first-hand classroom experience working with children from a variety of backgrounds and is a fantastic stepping-stone towards a career as an education practitioner.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, apply now by sending your CV and cover letter to Tom Roberts at Empowering Learning and take the next step towards a career in education!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.