Graduate Engineer (Trainee Project Manager)
Location: Caernarfon, Wales
Salary: £25,000 pa
Contract: Full time & Permanent
IQA Group offer capabilities and experience in infrastructure, telecoms network construction, domestic and commercial electrical contracting, renewable energy and power networks and provides the highest level of expertise to the UK market. Established in 2002, IQA now employs over 300 people across our four sites – Glasgow, North Wales, Newcastle and Liverpool.
Our parent company Elecnor, have 60 years of continuous growth and a presence in more than 50 countries, Elecnor has become one of the most outstanding Spanish business groups and a benchmark in the infrastructure, renewable energy and technology sectors
Due to our plans for expansion, growth and diversification, we are currently looking to recruit a Graduate for our Caernarfon office in Wales.
About the Role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Graduate to provide assistance and support to the Project Managers and Operations team on all matters relating to project management within OHL contracts.
You will be required to undertake a number of tasks to assist with the smooth running of the projects and in return, you will be nurtured and developed to grow into a project management role.
You will be required to undertake some financial elements of the role, such as managing project margins, ensuring profitability of project and overseeing general costings to projects.
The role is full time, permanent and is Monday to Friday (8am to 5pm).
Key responsibilities are as follows (but not limited to):
• Process Disputes, Claims, Standby & Faults.
• Maintain accurate records of Purchase Order’s, Invoicing, Debt and Disputes
• Maintain deadlines in line with monthly commercial calendar
• Identify additional works from original purchase orders and inform Project Team prior to processing
• Process Sub-contractor applications and payments in line with payment terms
• Prepare detailed reports for all projects
• Issue monthly reports to all site supervisors detailing hours expended on projects versus target hours
• Prepare and access the CBA and the Target Prices to be submitted to the client.
• Prepare reports as required by operational managers
• Input CBA data
• Procurement and cost control of sub-contractors and suppliers
• Update and maintenance of reports
• Liaising with the client at meetings or site visits
• Preparation of reports and outage plans for proposed works
• Procurement of materials and the booking/organisation of plant and subcontractors
• Cost analysis and management; estimating the predicted profit margins of planned works and ensuring they are on target throughout the life of the project
• Overseeing the pre-vet programme required for outages to take place
• Dealing with customers and keeping up a high standard for customer satisfaction during jobs
• Design and planning of small internal mains and jointing projects
• Task delegation to a small number of staff, including admin staff and operational staff members
• Valid Driving Licence
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Understanding of project management skills
• Ability to work individually or as part of a team
• Good Health & Safety knowledge and practices
Qualifications / Training:
• Engineering Degree
• Competitive salary
• Opportunities to progress career
• 22 days annual holiday, plus 8 statutory
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.