Boyd Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer for a globally recognised Engineering Consultancy in Glasgow. Our client operates across several markets and offer bespoke design services to Education, Leisure, Commercial and Health Sectors to name a few. Although a multi-disciplinary consultancy the team are a tight knit group, working closely to deliver some of the largest and most complex building projects in the UK and Europe. This client has a very innovative and forward-thinking approach and have introduced a Hybrid working model where you can work two or three days in the office and two or three days at home depending on your preference.
The Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer will play an integral part of the Design team assisting the Senior team members with overcoming the unique challenges presented by each project and working closely with clients to bring their vision to life, within the given constraints.
- You will provide specialist consultancy input on projects across a wide range of sectors including Education, Leisure, Commercial and Health Sectors (+ more) Under the guidance of our team of experienced Engineers
- You will assist in undertaking detailed mechanical building services engineering design and analysis
- You will define and translate clients’ needs into designs for buildings, facilities, and services (ventilation, cooling and air conditioning, heating systems and more) - all with sustainability at the forefront of the design.
- This opportunity will also enable you to progress into greater levels of responsibility and autonomy with the chance to upskill into accredited membership programmes
The Successful candidate will have:
- Accredited with MEng degree level or equivalent in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- 2/3+ years working in a Consultancy
- Able to work within a team but also be self-motivated.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritise duties
You will be:
- You have an appreciation for the core elements of mechanical building services engineering and crucially, have a love for creative and intuitive design
- You are organised and methodical in your approach to managing your tasks and priorities, you strive to meet deadlines and have a close appreciation of the commercial factors which affect design solutions.
If you are ready to embark on an exciting opportunity, then we would love to hear from you!
Please apply for the Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer position by clicking apply
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.