Job title: Graduate Structural Engineer
Company type: Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate Structural Engineer to work on a diverse range of projects across multiple sectors, including commercial, educational, and industrial. This is within a very well established and continually growing, Multi-Disciplinary consultancy. The company not only excels at what they do but are committed to an ethical code of practise in how they operate, serve society, respect their people and create great outcomes for employees, clients and customers.
The Role -
- Assisting in the preparation of structural schemes or specific elements of major improvements, which include:
- Feasibility studies
- Preliminary design
- Detailed design
- Preparation of contract documentation
- Contributing to technical feasibility studies and production of related reports.
- Ensuring effective use of a range of standard Microsoft Office, CAD, and specialist computer applications within the team.
- Continued professional development, and the development of new skills beyond the core function.
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline with a grade of 2:1 or higher.
- Desire to work towards chartership with the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audience using different mediums.
- Able to manage your own time to meet project deadlines and budget targets.
- An understanding of health and safety legislation, covering the construction industry, and the CDM designer's duties.
The Salary and Benefits-
- a competitive basic salary
- 25 days' holiday
- company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socializing, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- flexible working options available
If working within an award winning, creative, and innovative team would be of interest to you, please get in touch with Sam Lay-Smith ASAP. Alternatively, if you are interested in other Structural Engineering opportunities, do feel free to contact Sam. DDI: (phone number removed). Email: (url removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.