Finance Assistant – Graduates Welcome
Vaioni is a Multi-Award-Winning Network Operator, delivering the best and most reliable internet connectivity, security and voice solutions, to SME, Mid-Market and Technology Partners.
Headquartered in MediaCity, the company owns and operates V.E.N., a Carrier Grade, National Ethernet Network, connecting over 250,000 postcodes across the UK and is integrated with all the major UK Ethernet providers including BT, Virgin Media and TalkTalk Business, owning one of the biggest Ethernet Platforms in the country.
Recognised as one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Tech Firms in the North, we have experienced strong year-on-year growth, with the business now supporting more than 2,000 services, across 600+ customers globally.
We are currently looking for a Finance Assistant to join our Finance team.
- Competitive salary DOE
- 25 days’ holiday (+ Public Holidays)
- Annual discretionary performance bonus
- Pension contribution
- Health care cash back plan
- Collaborative work environment
- Free breakfast and fruit and snacks throughout the day
- Regular breaks
- Finish at 5pm on a Friday with drinks
- Regular work nights out
- Financial well-being support
- Your birthday off
- Option to buy/sell holiday
- Flexible hours
- Working from home
- Volunteering days
This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance professional or graduate to develop their career with our leading, award-winning company.
Joining our supportive, friendly and extraordinary team, you will discover that we heavily invest in our employees, as we believe that our people are our greatest assets. You will be empowered to reach your potential and receive extensive training to enable you to make a success of your role.
If this sounds like your ideal role, we want to hear from you today!
As a Finance Assistant, you will provide the Finance Manager and Finance Team with vital support to enable the financial health of our company.
In this varied role, you will undertake tasks such as credit control, transactional processing and supplier audits.
Liaising with suppliers to resolve finance queries and disputed invoices, you will support credit control activities, assist in collections and maintain full audit trails of communications and agreements.
Your role will also involve:
- Managing all aspects of supplier information, supplier invoicing and payment runs
- Processing supplier invoices and maintaining accurate and timely records
- Processing and controlling staff expenses
To be considered as a Finance Assistant, you will need:
- A degree in finance or a related business qualification and/or substantial specific finance experience
- Experience of communicating with senior internal and external stakeholders
- To be fully PC literate and be able to use Microsoft Excel at an intermediate or advanced level
- A high level grasp of the English language (first language or business fluency)
- A detail-oriented approach
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A full, valid driving licence
Experience using Xero on all aspects of day-to-day processing would be beneficial to your application, as would experience preparing monthly management accounts journals.
Experience reconciling and controlling balance sheet accounts would also be advantageous, as would experience in a similar role.
Previous credit control experience would also be favourable, as would experience managing day-to-day working capital.
Other organisations may call this role Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Accounts Administrator, Ledger Clerk, Accounts Co-ordinator, or Finance Co-ordinator.
Webrecruit and Vaioni Group Ltd are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to develop your skillset and career as a Finance Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.