Graduate Engineer (Structures) Our client is an industry leader in the delivery of rail specific activities. They offer a full engineering consultancy service covering all aspects of railway infrastructure including Bridge Examination and Inspection, Geomatics, Site and Ground Investigations, Civil Engineering Consultancy & Permanent Way Projects, Rail Training and Competence, Assurance and Compliance, and Track Access & Isolations
They pride themselves in offering an engaging, challenging work environment where you will be encouraged and given the confidence to demonstrate your knowledge and experience, whilst also being given significant development and training.
They have a new opportunity for a Graduate Engineer (Structures)
- The individual will be part of the Infrastructure Services team working alongside experienced Examiners to gain an understanding and experience of bridges and other railway infrastructure;
- Responsible for undertaking examinations, inspections and assessment as part of a wider Engineering Team;
- Working in often difficult environments which will require the use of specialist training including confined space, rope access, and other working at height methods.
- Collation of accurate and concise site notes/data required in the production of technical reports and interpretive documents;
- Preparation, checking and submission of technical reports, drawings and documents;
- Technical input to projects as and when required;
- Become a proficient Structures Examiner with the potential to lead an examination team as a qualified STE04 after a period of training and mentoring;
- The role will assist the needs of the business in delivering safety critical duties on railway infrastructure;
- Carry out the examinations, inspection and assessments in accordance with company and industry standards;
- Clear communication and production of reports;
- To work in a professional and safe manner
What We Offer:
- Industry recognised technical qualifications;
- Ongoing personal development opportunities and mentorship;
- Specialist access training, including PASMA, MEWP, roped access and confined space;
- Technical training including report writing and CAD;
- Railway specific safety critical training;
- Personal pension scheme, childcare voucher schemes and access to Validium, our independent employee assistance programme.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Civil Engineering Degree (emphasis on Structures);
- A good level of physical fitness;
- A desire to learn and be open to training and mentorship;
- The ability to work flexibly within a safety critical environment;
- Capability to work as a member of a larger team and to work towards a common goal;
- Willingness to travel and work across the UK;
- Current valid driving license.
If you feel that this role is for you as a Graduate and live in the areas of: Newcastle, Hull, Sheffield, Nottingham, East Anglia and Hertfordshire then submit your CV or call Neesha on (phone number removed) to discuss in further detail.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.