Are you a recent graduate or have you left university in the last couple of years but are stuck in a role that's just not cutting it or giving you the opportunities you are craving?
Are you looking for a career, not just another job? Do you want to learn, be mentored and pass exams that will take you right to the very top of our profession?
This is an opportunity that doesn't come around that often and we're not a business that is constantly hiring graduates. We just want one, we want the best one we can hire, and we want to take you all the way.
If you are keen on entering the financial planning profession, you have made a great career choice. You will have an extremely bright future, plenty of prospects, highly prized qualifications and superb earnings potential. You just need to choose the right firm to work for and that firm is us!
We are different to other financial planning firms, because for us it's not all about money, we help our clients connect with their wealth and make life changing decisions. We are passionate about what we do and if you share our passion, we want to hear from you!
Your role with us, to begin with, will be varied and challenging and you will play an important part in supporting the advisers with the advice that we give to our clients. The nature of the work that you do will become more complex as you progress with us and take exams. The job you will be doing for us in 5-10 years' time will be very different from the one you start doing with us.
20 days holiday plus Scottish Bank holidays plus paid holiday between Christmas and New Year, 5% pension contribution. We also work a four-hour Friday if the week's work is done and the business is in a position to finish early.
- A minimum 2:1 degree in any subject.
- A genuine interest in financial services and a desire to develop your career in it.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Confident, responsible, dependable and motivated.
- Be someone who takes pride in your work.
- Be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced working environment that often requires flexibility.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise your own workload.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Be well-presented and professional.
- Be prepared and keen to take on a long-term career with our company where you will progress through our firm.
We are an established financial planning firm with both Chartered and Accredited status. We are passionate about people and our client journey starts with conversations that are thought provoking, inspiring, engaging, meaningful and challenging. We are guided by our core values that everyone at our business lives by:
- We pride ourselves in doing what is right for the client every time.
- We are continually pushing ourselves to raise the bar in everything we do.
- We only work with clients where we believe we can add value.
- We hate bullshit so will always be open and honest even if it means having to hold difficult conversations.
- We believe great financial planning is life-changing.
We predominantly serve the needs of business owners and senior executives with reasonably complex affairs. Our typical client is in their 50s or 60s and has made lots of sacrifices throughout their own lives to follow their own cause or passion. Our cause and passion is to inspire our clients to live the best life they can lead whilst they are fit and well. We do this through proper financial planning or lifestyle focused planning.
We are using a third-party recruiter Recruitment Rebellion Limited to assist us with our recruitment process. Please do apply through the advert rather than to us directly as we wish to co-ordinate all the applications in the same place. Please, no agencies.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.