Hybrid role: Office & Work from home
The Graduate Estimator is responsible for the timely preparation of commercial and technical proposals from receipt of RFQ until final presentation to the customer. The successful applicant will be mentored by the Senior Proposals Engineer to enable them to develop into an integral member of the proposals team.
- Review of customers enquiry
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that clients requirements can be met.
- Estimate material usage based on Standard Excel Spreadsheets
- Produce cost / revenue budget for each project based on standard spreadsheets
- Liaise with technical department to ensure that specifications are achievable
- Preparation of Technical and commercial proposals in line with Client & Company Requirements
- Liaise with contracts department and business leaders to ensure that contract terms & conditions are in line with the proposal
- Contribution to weekly bid review meetings
- Follow up of target projects together with local representation
- Relevant Degree i.e. Quantity Surveying/ Engineering or business related degree
- Mathematical / numeric qualifications would be a benefit although not essential
- Previous Commercial experience &/or exposure to Negotiating & Marketing functions would be of an advantage
- Customer facing experience would be beneficial
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website (url removed) and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://(url removed)/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.