Our client is the World's Leading Producer of Virtual Sports events and creates virtual races, Football matches, Tennis, Darts, Boxing, Basketball, American football, and other games with unparalleled realism. They supply to all the major UK and Italian bookmakers as well as a growing number of clients in many countries spanning most continents. Their games are deployed to clients via broadcast, streaming, in-venue machine solutions and increasingly via mobile devices.
Working under Windows using MS Visual Studio primarily using C++, you will be part of a team involved in all aspects of development. This will include:
* Delivery of virtual events to clients.
* Research and development of rendering systems, game algorithms, new technologies and new products.
* Interfacing to a variety of bet management systems using a variety of protocols.
* Re-purposing existing systems to run in new contexts.
* Participating in design and code reviews.
* Identifying and addressing performance and stability issues with the software.
* Provide 3rd line support and troubleshooting issues for live software.
* Liaising with clients and regulators.
* Mentoring of other developers.
* Reviewing common code changes and reviewing builds prior to release to test.
* Assist with troubleshooting of other team members live software and software in development.
* Advising on testing strategy required for client work, tools and new product.
Personal Attributes and Skills
The candidate should:
* Preferably have a bachelor's degree or higher in a traditional Science subject, ideally Computer Science, Maths, or Information Systems.
* Have experience in MS Visual C++ under Windows.
* Have some Senior Developer experience or can demonstrate they are ready and able to take this role (For non-graduate placement)
* Be able to apply themselves to a wide and unpredictable range of software tasks.
* Be prepared to own the entire job, from initial analysis to release and documentation.
* Be able to switch between several concurrently active jobs.
* Strong technical background in software design patterns.
* Comfortable working under Agile principles.
* Be experienced in using version control systems - preferably SubVersion.
* Be able to design solutions that are modular, scalable, and portable.
* Follow and promote software development best practices.
* Be able to work well in a team environment and communicate well with project managers, testers, developers, non-technical colleagues & clients
The following are desirable but not essential:
* Experience in technical or scientific software.
* An interest in sports and betting.
C++ Developer - (24K Graduate - 45K Experienced) / Manchester Based, flexible working available
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.